Associate membership stands at 88 members representing major Cut Flower Auctions and Distributors in UK, Holland, Switzerland, Germany and Kenya. Associate members are involved in the flower sector through flower imports, provision of farm inputs and other affiliated services. Members enjoy the opportunity to affiliate with a well organized group of flower growers and exporters of flowers who have demonstrable commitment to due diligence in conducting their businesses. Kenya Flower Council provides local and international platforms for information sharing with Growers from time to time through exhibitions, formal and informal meetings, where Associate Members get an opportunity to showcase their products and services to industry stakeholders.
Click here to view KFC Associate Members Contacts-November 2017
BENEFITS OF KENYA FLOWER COUNCIL ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP
- Associate Member enjoy the opportunity to affiliate with a well-organized group of flower growers and exporters of flowers who have demonstrable commitment to due diligence in conducting their businesses. They participate in the AGM but without a voting right;
- We provides local and international platforms for information sharing with members from time to time through exhibitions, formal and informal meetings, where associate members get an opportunity to interact and show case their products and services to industry stake-holders.
- Associate members will enjoy the best rates in advertising on our website and on Friday Notice Board. They are also given an opportunity publish articles in the Friday Notice Board as guest writers;
- Lobbying for an enabling business environment is one of our key function to ensure sustainability. By extension, this also spells direct benefits for partners in industry;
- The other key pillar of the Council is PR and Publicity. Associate Members enjoy the opportunity to be part of developing positive industry image, emanating from internationally recognized compliance to good agriculture practices, social welfare and protection of the environment. At the same time, the industry corporate social responsibility portfolio has matured to credible and fascinating levels, which associate members may want to participate in, in the interest of community development.
– Associate member contribute to and are a part of the flower industry image portrayed through various avenues;
– KFC actively participates in activities carried out by or with associate members when invited for example:
1. International flower shows e.g. IFTF, IFEX, World Floral Expo etc
2. Local shows e.g. IFTEX, Naivasha Hortifair
3. Stakeholder’s workshops/meetings and trainings
4. Promotion of a flower consumption culture in Kenya among other forums.